WHat is NAD+?
Here's what you need to know about NAD+:
- NAD+ is an essential molecule found in every cell of your body, playing a crucial role in cellular energy production and maintenance of cellular health. The levels of NAD+ are closely linked to the ageing process.
- As you age, the levels of NAD+ decline. Despite its vital role in cellular functions, NAD+ is not present in unlimited amounts in the body and actually decreases with age.
- To boost NAD+ levels in the body, NAD+ precursors can be utilised. Clinical trials involving humans have demonstreated the safe and effective use of NAD+ precursors such as nicotinic acid (NA), nicotinamide riboside (NR) and nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) in increasing NAD+ levels.
What are the benefits of NAD+ supplementation?
Studies suggest that NAD+ supplementation may have the following benefits:
- Improving Cellular Regeneration: NAD+ plays a key role in maintaining the health and function of our cells. It is involved in the process of cellular regeneration, which helps to replace old or damaged cells with new ones. As we age, the ability of our cells to regenerate decreases, which may contribute to various age-related health issues. NAD+ supplementation has been shown to increase cellular regeneration and may help slow down the aging process.
- Enhancing Metabolism: NAD+ plays a critical role in energy metabolism. It helps convert the food we eat into energy that our cells can use. NAD+ supplementation has been shown to increase metabolism and may help improve energy levels.
- Promoting Brain Function: NAD+ is involved in various processes that are important for brain function. It helps to protect the brain from damage caused by oxidative stress, which can contribute to neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. NAD+ supplementation has been shown to improve cognitive function in animal studies and may have potential benefits for brain health in humans.
- Supporting Cardiovascular Health: NAD+ plays a role in maintaining the health of our blood vessels and supporting cardiovascular function. NAD+ supplementation has been shown to improve blood flow and may have potential benefits for people with cardiovascular disease.
- Boosting Exercise Performance: NAD+ plays a role in muscle function and energy metabolism. NAD+ supplementation has been shown to improve exercise performance in animal studies and may have potential benefits for athletes or people who engage in regular exercise.